mardi 3 juillet 2012

Une toile !

Voici ma première toile ! Je suis fière d'en avoir fait une (dans de vieux draps), donc, je vous la montre .

This is my first ever muslin, yeah ! Made it from old sheets.
La poche est top haute et les boutonnières, trop près du bord de la veste, mais, cela se corrige facilement.

The pocket is too high up the chest and the bound button holes are too close to the lapel (how did I managed to do that?). Those mistakes (all mine) can be corrected easily.


Je trouve qu'elle monte un peu trop haut dans le dos, et pour le coup, je ne suis pas certaine de pouvoir rabaisser l'encolure tout en gardant le col bien ajusté. Je n'y toucherai donc pas.
C'est la même chose pour le bas très évasé de cette veste, évasé au point de faire un laid plis à droite, mais je préfère toucher à rien, plutôt que de faire pire.
"A quoi cela sert-il donc de faire une toile ?" me direz-vous. Euh... "à rabaisser ses poches ?" vous répondrais-je.

The neck seems to be too high but I don't think I can alter it and still manage to have a perfect fit for the collar, I'm therefore not touching that part of the pattern till I understand how a pattern can work, collar-wise. It is the same for the flare on the hips of the jacket. A flare so dramatic that it's folding on it self. But I'm not sure I can alter that part of the pattern and have a good fit with the lining and all. So, Ì'm not touching that either.
So far, the only use I can make of that muslin is as a reminder to be careful with the placement of my pockets and buttonholes. Was it really worth making a muslin for me ? Not so sure...



Mon mannequin la porte mieux que moi, je lui en ferai donc cadeau.
It's more fitting on my form than on myself. Oh well, she can have it .


Faites-vous une toile avant de coudre chacun de vos vêtements ? Et surtout, la toile vous aide-t-elle à faire des modifications sur vos patrons?

Do you make a muslin before sewing each garment in the proper material?  Are you able to always alter your pattern from your muslin's adjustments ?

À bientôt.
E.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

bienvenue !